This home has now been sold. For more info, contact Andrew Duncan on 0274286686.
76 Newlands Road, Newlands, Wellington
Scroll down to take a virtual tour of this home…
Looking back to when the current owners bought this home in 2013, what sealed the deal for them was the feeling of space you notice once you are inside.
- The kitchen is bigger than most others you will find in this price range. It can fit multiple cooks of all ages, without anyone feeling cramped. So if you enjoy creating culinary delights or just need space to make enough food to feed the troops – this will work for you.
- The master bedroom is generous when compared to other 3 bedroom homes in the area. So often we sacrifice space and storage when buying a 1960’s house as a first home. That’s not the case here though.
- Car parks for everyone. There is a garage (with high stud), a carport and a carpad. Plus you could fit a few extra cars off-street if you felt like inviting all your mates round at once. In a City where parking is always a struggle, this home stands out.
- A proper entrance way. This might sound basic but there are many houses in this price range where you walk straight into a lounge when you enter the ‘front door’.
- Once you do reach the north-facing lounge, you will find a heatpump and woodburner are ready to keep you cool or warm – whatever you need.
- 2 ‘games/hobby’ areas. If you like being able to have your own place in a home, or maybe just need the extra storage space then this is for you. There is a good size rumpus room off the garage and an attic space above the laundry which has been converted to a kids ‘playstation/media’ space.
- One more to seal the deal? This home has that all-important 2nd toilet, meaning you shouldn’t ever have to queue in the morning!
We think you will also enjoy the paved bbq area which is positioned for maximum afternoon sun, the veggie garden ready to contribute to a few salads this Summer and the lack of lawns to mow! Not to mention that you are right on the bus route and first in the queue to jump on the motorway in the morning.
Needless to say, if you are in the ‘3 bedroom northern suburbs’ home market then you need to see 76 Newlands Road before you buy…